MSSC delivers its CPT Courses through well-established training organizations. There are three types of Courses to meet various individual and training needs. These Courses are designed (a) to align with MSSC Standards and (b) to help individuals enhance their core knowledge and skills for production work from entry-level to front-line supervisory level.
These Courses are built upon MSSC’s e-learning which includes modular courses for: Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Manufacturing Production & Processes, Maintenance Awareness, and Green Production. The online, computer-based simulation training covers the basic and technical skills while providing students and workers with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them for an advanced, high-performance manufacturing environment.
The Courses can be delivered in three formats:
- Modular Courses: 35-45 hours, 3-credit equivalent, one course for each of the five CPT modules. Can be given in a blended environment with classroom instruction by an instructor or in a fully online format with an online instructor. Recommended primarily for students and others studying in the framework of academic semesters or school years, dislocated workers or career changers.
- Fast Track Courses: 15-18 hours for each module. Fully online with an online instructor. Recommended primarily for experience incumbent workers or dislocated workers with manufacturing experience with limited time available for study. Not available for Green Production. Not available to HS students.
MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at a 9th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level before taking our Courses.
MSSC has partnered with Amatrol to develop online interactive learning units for the CPT training program. Currently there are 42 online units, each requiring about 2 hours to complete. See the CPT e-Learning Video for an introduction to the online learning program.
These online units are carefully aligned with MSSC Standards to help prepare students with a knowledge and understanding of its four Critical Work Functions: Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Production & Processes and Maintenance Awareness. The specific features and benefits of these online units include:
- Increases computer skills
- Develops machine operation skills through computer-based simulations
- Increases access through online delivery accessible anywhere there is an internet connection
- Provides individualized instruction capability
- Enables greater training capacity through virtual delivery options
Education and training institutions require adequate broadband to deliver MSSC’s computer-based simulation training courses. IT departments at those institutions should check with MSSC prior to ordering Courses. Insufficient band-width may require further set-up activity which resulting in additional fees.
NOTE: MSSC Courses were developed in strict adherence to the industry-recognized, nationally validated standards upon which the Certified Production Technician (CPT) is based. These Courses, developed and delivered by Amatrol, have a proven track record of success in teaching the knowledge and skills identified in the national standards. The success rates for students taking MSSC Courses are nine points higher than those who do not (81% vs. 72%, respectively). MSSC Courses are highly interactive and utilize state-of-the-art, computer-based, simulation e-learning technologies and are delivered by MSSC-Authorized Instructors. MSSC does not authorize, review or endorse any other courses or curricula, and MSSC does not accept responsibility for the quality or effectiveness of courses other than MSSC Courses. MSSC does not require that individuals take MSSC Courses or any other MSSC-related courses before taking an MSSC Assessment.
For additional information or pricing, please contact email@example.com.