Remote testing & training options now available for students & employees! Follow this link for more information.
The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) ¬ģ certification program is to recognize through certification, individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level to front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments.¬† The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics technicians both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company‚Äôs productivity and competitiveness.
The CLT program consists of two parts:
- Foundational-Level Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) ¬ģ Certificate¬†
- Mid-Level Technical CLT Certification (CLT)
Before sitting for the CLT assessment, candidates must have a CLA Certificate. Click to download a copy of the¬†CLT Key Activities which are the basis for MSSC national standards and our CLT brochure for more information.
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through two assessments based upon MSSC‚Äôs industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards. Delivered online or paper pencil, this assessment contains 85-90 multiple-choice questions. MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC‚Äôs policies on certification, please see our¬†Certification Policies¬†page.
Individuals who pass the CLA assessment will be able to:
- Download or Purchase the CLA¬†Certificate
- Purchase a¬†Small CLA Arm Patch
- Download Key Work Activities document to share with employers
For individuals who pass both CLA and CLT assessments, they will earn and be able to:
- Download or Purchase the Full¬†Certification document that bears the CLT logo, NAM logo (NAM-endorsed Skills Certification) with ISO 17024 reference
- Purchase a¬†Large CLT Arm Patch
- Download the Key Work Activities document to share with employers