Remote testing & training options now available for students & employees! Follow this link for more information.
The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) ¬ģ certification program is to recognize through certification, individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level to front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments.¬† The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics technicians both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company‚Äôs productivity and competitiveness.
The CLT program consists of two parts:
- Foundational-Level Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) ¬ģ Certificate¬†
- Mid-Level Technical CLT Certification (CLT)
Before sitting for the CLT assessment, candidates must have a CLA Certificate. Click to download our CLT One Pager¬†for more information.
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through two assessments based upon MSSC‚Äôs industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards. Delivered online or paper pencil, this assessment contains 85-90 multiple-choice questions. MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC‚Äôs policies on certification, please see our¬†Certification Policies¬†page.
Individuals who pass the CLA assessment will be able to:
- Download or Purchase the CLA¬†Certificate
- Purchase a¬†Small CLA Arm Patch
- Download Key Work Activities document to share with employers
For individuals who pass both CLA and CLT assessments, they will earn and be able to:
- Download or Purchase the Full¬†Certification document that bears the CLT logo, NAM logo (NAM-endorsed Skills Certification) with ISO 17024 reference
- Purchase a¬†Large CLT Arm Patch
- Download the Key Work Activities document to share with employers