The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) program is to recognize through certification individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level through front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments.¬† The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics technicians both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company‚Äôs productivity and competitiveness.
The CLT program consists of two parts: The foundational-level Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) Certificate and the mid-level technical CLT Certification.¬† Before sitting for the CLT assessment, candidates must have a CLA Certificate.
Click to download a copy of the¬†CLT Key Activities¬†which are the basis for MSSC national standards.¬†
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through two assessments based upon MSSC’s industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards. ¬†Delivered online, each assessment contains about 80 multiple-choice questions (paper tests are available in special circumstances). ¬†Individuals are allowed 90-120 minutes to complete each assessment. ¬†MSSC provides assessment scores as soon as the individual completes an assessment showing whether an individual met the ‚Äúcut‚ÄĚ scores for passing.¬† This immediate feedback includes a diagnostic report for the individual showing how he or she scored on the key work activities within both CLA and CLT.¬† This information is intended for self-improvement and is provided to all test-takers whether they pass or not.
- If assessments are not passed on the first attempt the individual must wait 15 calendar days before retesting. If the individual does not pass a second time, he/she student must wait another 15 calendar days before testing again. If a he/she does not pass a third time, the individual must wait 60 calendar days before taking the assessment again
- There are no discounts for assessment retakes
- MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC’s policies on certification, please see our¬†Certification Policies page
MSSC issues credentials for success on individual¬†assessments.
Individuals who pass the CLA assessment will be able to:
- Download or Purchase the CLA¬†Certificate
- Purchase a¬†Small CLA Arm Patch
- Download Key Work Activities document to share with employers
For individuals who pass both CLA and CLT assessments, they will earn and be able to:
- Download or Purchase the Full¬†Certification document that bears the CLT logo, NAM logo (NAM-endorsed Skills Certification) with ISO 17024 reference
- Purchase a¬†Large CLT Arm Patch
- Download the Key Work Activities document to share with employers