The Certified Forklift Technician (CFT) Â® online and hands-on training Courses are designed to align with MSSC Standards and to help individuals enhance their core knowledge and skills for forklift maintenance, service, and repair from entry-level to front-line supervisory level.
Schools may choose to combine CFT with the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)Â® certification program as part of a larger program of study. Since the demand for higher skilled technicians permeates the entire TDL industry, schools may also wish to offer CFT as part of a suite of â€śstackableâ€ť industry certifications within the framework of an innovative â€śsupply chain logisticsâ€ť or industrial maintenance curriculum. MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level before taking our Courses.
Online E-learning Course
- 55-hour online course based on the 20 key activities in the CFT Standards. This course prepares individuals with a strong theoretical knowledge base to move on to the hands-on CFT training component.
- Schools must have an Authorized CFT e-Learning Instructor to deliver the online course. Follow this link for CFT Instructor Training information.
- Through the hands-on training, candidates/instructors will demonstrate a working knowledge and aptitude for all 20 key work activity areas in the MSSC National Forklift Standards. This training will take place at a local Forklift Dealership near you. To find out who your local forklift dealership is, please contact our offices.
- Estimated time to complete the full hands-on training at your local Forklift Dealership is between 60-90 days
- MSSC Centers can conduct the CFT hands-on training if they have the capabilities and necessary equipment. Capabilities will be confirmed by your local Forklift Dealership.
To place orders for CFT Authorized Instructor Training and Online Training Courses, please contact your specific MSSC Training Solutions Provider. Follow this linkÂ for more information!