Remote testing & training options now available for students & incumbent workers! Follow this link for more information.
IMPORTANT UPDATE- Based on extensive research with leading industry subject matter experts, MSSC has selected a list of nine rapidly emerging, data-intensive, “Industry 4.0” technologies that will profoundly influence manufacturing production processes and quality control. MSSC has embedded these technologies in its 2020 “Industry 4.0” Edition of its National Production Standards. These technologies include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
- Additive (3D) Manufacturing
- Autonomous Robots
- Augmented Reality
- Data Analytics
- Advanced Materials
What does this mean for the MSSC Community? Starting June 1, 2020, these “4.0” technologies will be fully integrated into CPT curriculum, instructor training and assessments. ¬†MSSC manufacturing certificates and certifications issued after that date will be re-labelled “CPT 4.0.” MSSC’s goal is to provide CPT 4.0 technicians with a foundational understanding of these technologies on which to build as their companies use them in various ways on the factory floor.
MSSC¬ģ delivers its Certified Production Technician (CPT) ¬ģ 4.0 Courses through well-established training organizations. These Courses are designed to align with MSSC Standards and to help individuals enhance their core knowledge and skills for production work from entry-level to front-line supervisory level.
These Courses are built upon MSSC‚Äôs e-learning which includes modular courses for:
- Quality Practices & Measurement
- Manufacturing Production & Processes
- Maintenance Awareness
- Green Production
The online, computer-based simulation training covers the basic and technical skills while providing students and technicians with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them for an advanced, high-performance manufacturing environment. MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at a 9th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level before taking our Courses.
The Courses can be delivered in two formats:
- Modular Courses:
- 35-40 hours, 3-credit equivalent
- One course for each of the five CPT 4.0 modules
- Can be given in a blended environment with classroom instruction by an instructor or in a fully online format with an online instructor
- Recommended primarily for students and others studying in the framework of academic semesters or school years, dislocated workers, or career changers
- Fast Track Courses:¬†
- 15-18 hours for each module
- Fully online with an online instructor
- Recommended primarily for experience incumbent workers or dislocated workers with manufacturing experience with limited time available for study
- Not available for Green Production or for high school students
MSSC has partnered with Amatrol, an independent training provider, to develop online interactive learning units for the CPT 4.0 training program. Currently there are 42 online units, each requiring about 2 hours to complete. See the CPT e-Learning Video¬†for an introduction to the online learning program.
These online units are carefully aligned with MSSC Standards to help prepare students with a knowledge and understanding of its four Critical Work Functions: Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Production & Processes and Maintenance Awareness. The specific features and benefits of these online units include:
- Increases computer skills
- Develops machine operation skills through computer-based simulations
- Increases access through online delivery accessible anywhere there is an internet connection
- Provides individualized instruction capability
- Enables greater training capacity through virtual delivery options
Follow this link for an IT checklist for the CPT 4.0 online e-learning courses.
To offer the CPT 4.0 courses to your students or incumbent workers it is required to have a staff member serve as an MSSC CPT 4.0 Authorized Instructor. To place orders for CPT 4.0 Authorized Instructor Training and Online Training Courses for students, please contact your specific MSSC Training Solutions Provider in your state. Follow this link for more information!¬†
NOTE: MSSC Courses were developed in strict adherence to the industry-recognized, nationally validated standards upon which the Certified Production Technician (CPT) 4.0 is based. These Courses, developed and delivered by Amatrol, have a proven track record of success in teaching the knowledge and skills identified in the national standards. MSSC Courses are highly interactive and utilize state-of-the-art, computer-based, simulation e-learning technologies and are delivered by MSSC-Authorized Instructors.¬† MSSC does not authorize, review or endorse any other courses or curricula, and MSSC does not accept responsibility for the quality or effectiveness of courses other than MSSC Courses. MSSC does not require that individuals take MSSC Courses or any other MSSC-related courses before taking an MSSC Assessment.¬†