Today, more companies are redesigning their processes in order to use their resources more efficiently, increase productivity and reduce waste.¬†
MSSC is aware of this new direction and offers its fifth module in the well-established Certified Production Technician (CPT) national certification system. GPM applies to all frontline production technicians in all sectors of manufacturing. The eligible population for the GPM Certificate expands far beyond just technicians in green product sites (e.g., wind, solar equipment producers).
Green Production is defined as workplace activities across all industries within the manufacturing sector that require the use of equipment, technologies, and processes that will improve the environmental performance of manufacturing companies.
This module¬†is based on industry-defined, nationally validated national skill standards and includes a comprehensive set of system tools: curriculum, textbook, e-learning, instructor certification training, a national registry, assessments, and credentialing.
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through an¬†assessment¬†based upon MSSC’s industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards. ¬†Delivered online, the¬†assessment contains about 80 multiple-choice questions. ¬†Individuals are allowed 90¬†minutes to complete the¬†assessment. ¬†MSSC provides assessment scores as soon as the individual completes an assessment showing whether an individual met the cut¬†scores for passing.¬† This immediate feedback includes a diagnostic report showing¬†how the individual¬†scored on the key work activities.¬† This information is intended for self-improvement and is provided to all test-takers whether they pass or not.
- If assessments are not passed on the first attempt the individual must wait 15 calendar days before retesting. If the individual does not pass a second time, he/she student must wait another 15 calendar days before testing again. If a he/she does not pass a third time, the individual must wait 60 calendar days before taking the assessment again.
- There are no discounts for assessment retake.
- MSSC strongy recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC’s policies on certification, please see our¬†Certification Policies¬†page.¬†
Individuals who pass the assessment will receive a CPT: Green Production certificate. ¬†Individuals who earn the full-CPT certification and the Green certificate will receive a special CPT +Green certification. ¬†
GPM benefits the following:
- Employers, who need higher skills front-line technicians to enhance sustainability, increase energy efficiency, conserve resources and reduce regulatory costs
- Students and technicians who want to enhance their skills and earn nationally portable credentials in this area of growing importance
- Educators looking for quality instructional materials related to ‚ÄúGreen Production‚ÄĚ